Mac software to back up Blu-Ray discs

I have used Roxio Toast to try and backup data files via Blue-Ray. Great fun - NONE of the disks let me access anything that had been backed up to them. I find Roxio and over priced, over hyped piece of junk and not just because of the Blue-Ray failure. Dropped a lot of dollars into that really bad software groannnnnnn

Sorry for the rant but I’ve used Roxio for years and years and it always disappoints.

The last version I used was Toast Titanium 8 which worked well up to around Mojave 10.14.3 although some features had issues but this was more for DVD and CD work. When I looked at reviews for some of the newer versions, it just seemed that there were unresolved issues so I just use Burn for regular DVD or CD burns and other software I described in the earlier post for Blu-Ray work.

I unplugged the drive from the Mac and plugged it into my old Thinkpad, ripped a disc. Then plugged it back into the Mac. Suddenly it was recognised. Why? I don’t know. I also don’t know why running Handbrake caused a Kernel Panic on my Mac. But I fixed that by booting into recovery mode and running Disc Utility’s First Aid. All I know is that it works now.

Mike

This is the procedure I use too. Works very well.