Logic Pro 12.4

Originally published at: Logic Pro 12.4 - TidBITS

Apple has released Logic Pro 12.4 with a list that’s overflowing with improvements and bug fixes for the professional audio app. The maintenance update adds a Merge Custom Key Commands menu option in the Key Commands Editor, and the Why Logic Pro Rules website reports that a new Drill Yard sound pack (“aimed at cross-Atlantic gritty hip hop heads”) is included, though it doesn’t show up in the release notes. Version 12.4 also ensures that editing multiple regions using the Inspector functions correctly, resolves an issue where Drum Machine Designer subtrack selection could sync across different songs, ensures that projects are correctly automatically enumerated when saving previously saved projects that share the same name to iCloud, and updates the Randomization Range fields in the Step Sequencer to accept manual input. ($199.99 new in the Mac App Store, free update, 3.22 GB, release notes, macOS 15.4+)

I’v ehad issues with my EXS files and also with Software instuments SI finding their samples (and with the Sound Library recognizing a library is not missing but installed) - I have outstanding escalated cases about EXACT paths to EXS file locations and Custom IRs, (I have a modestly working system- with MY customizations, but I’ll run into trouble opening old projects) - I’ve had these issues since 12.4 was released.