Josh Centers: So Long and Thanks for All the Fish

Thank you @jcenters (less than 39 words)

2 Likes

Josh, thanks so much for the tremendous contribution you have made in untangling the knots that blight so many corners of the Apple computing universe. Do universes have corners - crikey, that’s one for Douglas…

All the best for your new adventure!

2 Likes

I am glad to hear you are going to TextExpander! They have sponsored my podcast for over 3 years and I love telling my listeners that I use TE everyday.

2 Likes

Hey Josh, Best wishes to you.

3 Likes

Sad, but since I love TextExpander I look forward to reading your contributions there.

3 Likes

From the article: “As I pulled up to a stop light, I looked down and asked for a sign. Then I looked up and saw a pickup truck…” So, not driving. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know we didn’t work together often, but I always enjoyed the process and I look forward to seeing what you get up to at TextExpander.

Gentle Readers, if I recall correctly Josh & Hannah’s first date included a visit to a music store where they checked out guitars, basses, and other sundry tools of saving, corrupting, or at least redirecting souls. Sure sign of quality people. :wink:

3 Likes

Merci & bon chance, Josh, from a german living in France!

2 Likes

Thank you Josh for all your excellent work. I look forward to more articles from you and wish you the very best in your new endeavor! Blessings for you, Hannah and those wonderful children!

2 Likes

As The Cat might say, “Aww, that’s too bad! I really liked him!”

Good luck on your travels.

2 Likes

Josh, best of luck! And Adam, gonna be some tall waders to fill (speaking of fish).

4 Likes

Ahhh. well done following your bliss. Happy Trails. Mike

3 Likes

Josh, all the best to you - I have to say I was a bit bewildered when reading the headline, but what a journey you have had - and you have become such a fixture here! I have enjoyed reading your articles and discussion in TidBITS-Talk. Look forward to seeing you around!

3 Likes

All the best, @jcenters ! Your goodbye article headline was the exact subject line of my mass email to my soon-to-be former work colleagues many years ago. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congratulations, Josh! I look forward to following you in your new role. Best of success to you!

3 Likes

Best of luck with your new gig, Josh. It sounds like a great opportunity.

Blacksmithing may not be a growth industry, but there’s definitely a market with certain woodworkers. Why You Should Work With a Blacksmith – Lost Art Press. If your new job gives you time for some smithing projects I’m sure you can find interested customers!

2 Likes

Josh. I’ve long admired your clear, painstaking, analytical approach to every subject you write about. You and TidBITS were made for each other. Thanks for the fish, and other creatures. All the best for the future. Kevan

3 Likes

You’re a gem, buddy. Love your journey. I echo it. Looking forward to hearing more as time passes. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Thanks for all your contributions to TidBITS. I wish you great success at TextExpander!

3 Likes

I love Lost Art Press! I first heard about Christopher Schwarz by seeing him on The Woodwright Shop, and that’s also how I first became interested in blacksmithing. My original aim was to be able to make manual woodworking tools. I just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

1 Like