The MacRumors thread I mentioned talks about what works and what does not like the store. If you only need playback and ripping capabilties, iTunes should work even on Tahoe. My problem is since I like the 10.7 CoverFlow version, I can’t use that regularly with Tahoe as that mode gets distorted due to some change although the other three modes are fine.
As you can see, the covers are at the bottom instead of the top where they should be although it still works in full screen cover mode by clicking on the “right” spot near the Kind column in the black area.
It appears from some comments on that thread that older versions like iTunes 12.9.5.5 which is actually from Mojave still work with Tahoe. Since you have older Mac’s you might already have some of the older versions which just need a script from that thread to work.
