Surprise! Fujitsu Releases 64-Bit ScanSnap Manager for Older Scanners

OK. But if I’m happy with ScanSnap Manager I imagine that at some point I’ll remove ScanSnap Home.

Yeah, @cwilcox made related comment about this in Oct 2019, see here:

Bummer. I have the S300M, also.

ScanSnap Home didn’t support the S300M, but the new ScanSnap Manager v7 does. I’m actively using it under Mojave and tested it on my MacBook running Catalina. Works as expected on both. From my point of view, everything is the same as it was.

I haven’t tried the new ScanSnap Manager with my S1100 (need to find it first), but I thought someone else in the thread said it worked for them.

There was absolutely no reason to not upgrade to 64bit- other than to fill landfills and make people buy new scanners- or Vue Scan (which I already have- to run a long abandoned Epson flatbed photo scanner).
I’d hooked my S300 up to that computer- which annoyed me.
So happy to be referred to this thread from Macintouch.
Downloaded the driver for the s1300i (it looked the most like the S300) and low and behold- I’ve got a nice little sheet fed scanner again!
Now- I’d even consider buying another Fijitsu product again in the future- which was off the table before. There is no reason to orphan hardware because you don’t want to update your software (datacolor- take note).

1 Like

I got stung by Epson’s unwillingness to update scan software for Catalina. I’ll never buy another Epson product.

I didn’t realize that Epson was also contributing to the 32-bit scanner junk pile.

Hooray! My S510M is now working natively on Catalina after running (admittedly nearly flawlessly under Mojave in VMware) for nearly a year. Now for Big Sur…

Anyone have a direct download link for an updated 5.5 version of ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap. I can’t seem to get it to download from their site.

2 Likes

To clarify: The new version does indeed run under Mojave?

I wondered about testing before making the jump (still held up by transferring my Aperture large library into something usable under Catalina). (Scansnap 1300)

Greetings, Rolf

I am running ScanSnap Manager v7 under Mojave on my Mac mini and I’ve encountered no issues so far. My scanner is older: S300M.

Hi I am using a very old fi - 5110EOXM model and it always worked fine over the years total pages scanned 24,882 That shows how well it has done. I had switched to Exactscap pro which as a few niggles but does work. I installed V7 of the Scansnap software and it all appears functional and has remembered my settings but when I scan although all appears good it does not save a scan 0 pages are shown as being scanned even tough the software goes through its preview etc? Any help appreciated. Simon

Does it give an error message? Were there any errors at install time? Maybe you have to grant full disk access under Security?

I’d also try creating a new ScanSnap Manager Profile and trying it there.

If that doesn’t work, log in to a different User in the Mac and try again.

1 Like

Thanks Dave
No error messages all proceeds as normal but no file is saved.
I will try creating a new profile and logging in via another user.
I did try permissions they include a diagnostic app with it and it checks for permissions and all seems well.
Ill let you know if progress Simon

Made a new Profile - no change
There is a test mode for using a particular app after scanning I use Adobe Acrobat and the test app lets you open a test file from Scansnap into Acrobat - that works OK

Just when scanning nothing is saved even in the preview window it says 0 pages…

Try the new user.

Also try doing a full uninstall and reinstall after you use disk utility to fix permissions and so on.

1 Like

I was about to update Manager (using Sierra), but I received a warning that CardMinder and ScanSnap Receipt will no longer work. Do other users have good substitutes for those programs? Otherwise, does ScanSnap Home have good replacements?

I see that you got no replies. Sorry, I don’t use those features. I just stick my receipts in folders on my disk. I almost never have to fetch them; it’s more of an emergency practice, such as if I have a warranty claim or if I get a tax audit. I forget what CardMinder does.

Here’s a report from the field.

I support a client who who has long been Fujitsu scanner user, including through Fujitsu’s surprise abandonment of ScanSnap Manager in favor of ScanSnap Home. The recent return of SnapScan Manager came as good news.

This August I was tasked with scanning many estate-related documents and pictures at a location 95 miles from my office. I bought an iX1500 and downloaded ScanSnap Manager to my Office Catalina system with good results. I then installed ScanSnap Manager on a 2017 MacBook Pro (my Big Sur Beta test machine). Scanning was done at a remote site where my iPhone hotspot provided wireless connectivity. I scanned a few hundred pictures and dozens of documents with no problems. I can recommend this solution.

I have not tested the PDF software included, since I have Adobe’s Creative Suite on my office machine.

Great empirical data! Thanks for sharing! And what a great portable solution.

Please read list of missing feature on ScanSnap mfg pages.
For me missing Scan to Email, and many more that might be more important to others. The support for older scanners is missing too.
Unless ScanSnap updates the Manager and all other software it will be the end of Fujitsu. Their prices are unreasonable too.