Merlin Project 7.0

Originally published at: Merlin Project 7.0 - TidBITS

Major upgrade for the project management app brings new collaboration features and support for macOS 11 Big Sur. ($149 annual subscription, free update for subscribers, 28.6 MB, macOS 10.13+)

I see there’s another Mac App Store listing for this company, above. Has TidBITS ever covered this distinction between two Merlins?

Alas, no. But if someone wants to…

Both listings of Merlin Project are basically the same apps. One is distributed through our website at https://www.projectwizards.net/merlin-project and the other dis distributed through the App Store. In addition to the macOS version, an – almost – functionally identical version for the iPad, also called Merlin Project, has been available for a few years.

(Disclosure: I am the CEO of ProjectWizards, the maker of Merlin Project.)

3 Likes

Thanks for the details, Frank! It’s always great when someone from the company can weigh in with the precise answer.

(Tonya and I hung out with Frank at a MacTech Conference quite a few years ago. At the time, our son was in a Technology Student Association club that was building quite a few things and thus needing project management. For middle-school kids, needless to say, that was more than haphazard. We were amused to hear from Frank that project management is taught generally in the K-12 schools in Germany—seems like a good idea!)