Issues with reply via email

Yep, and always will! They don’t die when power is lost as happens to cell towers, plus the home phone is the FAMILY phone so messages don’t have to be sent to each individual cell phone.

BTW, I tried to follow the instructions in the email notification “Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.” but the email failed. Perhaps the “or reply to this email to respond.” should be removed from the notification emails.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean. I’ve been using that button to respond since the very beginning of this format and have never experienced failure. Can you be more specific about the steps you followed and what exactly failed?

I had this issue last week, replied via email and they went into a black hole, so I had to use the web. Email is working for me again.

About the new SE, I was looking at size comparison sketches. I think Apple could have kept a smaller form factor with a larger screen if they’d done a little redesigning. I realize they make more money using existing parts, but maybe that will be on the block for the future.

I really believe iPhones are a cash cow for them, especially the more expensive ones.

Diane

Hi, Al
I first just tried replying to the email as “or reply to this email to respond” said. That failed with this email I received from the server:

We’re sorry, but your email message to [“[reply+71069dd982d6fbd7de8d6f48b66524e2@talk.tidbits.com”] (titled Re: [TidBITS Talk] Large Size of Apple’s New Low-Cost iPhone SE Disappoints) didn’t work.

None of the destination email addresses are recognized, or the Message-ID header in the email has been modified. Please make sure that you are sending to the correct email address provided by staff.

I then used the button. Since the software doesn’t seem to allow one to just reply to an email, I felt that part should be removed and only the button remain.

Dennis

OK, I understand now, but this time I’m simply replying using Apple Mail, which has worked for me in the past, so we’ll see what happens to this one.

-Al-

“reply to this email” has always worked for me.

Interesting. I was replying via GMail too. AHA! I think I figured it out GMAIL doesn’t like my mac.com address even though it says you can use non-gmail addresses in the preferences (it also doesn’t like the AOL address I’ve had for 30 years) so that may be why the email reply is being rejected by the TidBITS Talk server.

I’ve never liked Mail.app from Day 1 so I don’t use it; I used to use Thunderbird until Apple disallowed it from handling my mac.com address, so I’m left using my GMail-managed ISP email account in Firefox to send email.

13 posts were split to a new topic: Landlines and Princess phones

2 posts were split to a new topic: Problems sending to talk.tidbits.com from Yahoo