“Hey Siri, remind me about this” isn’t working

I usually use the “Hey Siri, remind me about this” quite a lot. For example, I’m looking at an email I need to respond to when I get back home. I have the email on the screen of my phone and say:

“Hey Siri, remind me about this when I get home.”

Siri sets a personal reminder which is triggered when I get home. That reminder has a link to the email.

I can do the same with a contact, a note, and a few other things.

However, when I tried it today, I got:

“What do you want me to remind you about?”

Saying “Remind me about this email” merely set a reminder that says “this email”.

Anyone else had problems with this?

I feel like we need an entire Siri thread.

I often use “remind me” when I’m on my bike because otherwise I will forget by the time I get home. The past couple of updates have made that very interesting. Sometimes it wants to be unlocked as well which doesn’t work as it’s in my pocket.

Today I asked what time it was so I could decide if I wanted to ride further. When riding I just long press the headphones (which also has a new noise in the last couple of updates, it sounds like it has a cold).

What time is it?
She replies “that’s an interesting question”
UGH
What time is it now?
9:58am

Little while later:
What time is it?
You have 7 alarms set, and she proceeds to go down the list.

What on earth?!

Diane

Old one. Siri “Remind me about this” was once again working a few days after I posted the OP.

Today, I was at the Apple store, got an email, so I said:

Me: “Remind me about this when I get home”
Siri: What do you want me to remind you of?"

It’s not working again. I asked the guy at the Genius Bar, and he wasn’t sure what I was talking about. Does anyone else ask “Hey Siri, remind me about this.”? Do you find it works and doesn’t work? Am I the only person in the world who does this?

I have always wanted a way to pin a location as I’m driving. Years ago I figured out I could say “Hey Siri remind me to look up when I get here” and she’d make a reminder with the address or coordinates, saying something like “I’ve added a reminder for when you arrive at this location” (which means I frequently get reminder popups while driving). I probably could have said anything instead of “look up” but it worked for me.

In the past few months when I say that, I now get “What do you want to be reminded about?” as a response. So something did change.

I just did some tests and I can say “remind me to get the keys when leave (or arrive) here” both work as expected.

I can also say “get the keys when I get home” and that worked.

Diane