Get More Info from Photos in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15

Originally published at: Get More Info from Photos in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 - TidBITS

At long last, Apple has enhanced Photos in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 to display Exif metadata in your pictures. Better yet, with Visual Lookup, it can even identify plants, flowers, artworks, landmarks, books, and some pet breeds.

I’m on an iPhone SE second generation (spring 2020), but don’t see any Visual Lookup clues in Photos: no plants, no landmarks, no nothin’ … And this with some pretty obvious pictures of sunflowers, Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Any idea what is wrong?

Nothing to do with the topic, but I bet I’m the only one who recognized Summer Shade KY, the location of the photo in the screenshot. Nice little town in Metcalfe County.

1 Like

It wasn’t working for me on my iPhone 12 mini in Australia. It only seems to be enabled for those in the US, according to online discussions.

I see. Might have been worth a mention in the article. I guess that, just as is the case with Maps, this reflects the relative importance of various markets for Apple …