Bartender Lifetime License

I have Bartender 5, but just upgraded my MacBook Pro to macOS 26 Tahoe. That requires Bartender 6.

Bartender 7 for Golden Gate is out. $25 buys you that license, which also works for Bartender 6.

A new alternative is a lifetime “Mega Supporter” license: $80, one time, gets you:

  • Bartender Pro: adds something about Dynamic Island for Mac
  • Lifetime access
  • All future upgrades forever
  • Every version of Bartender ever
  • Bartender 6 and 7

You know they’re serious when they say the same thing 3 different ways. Unless I’m reading this wrong, and what they mean is it is just all future upgrades to Bartender 6 & 7.

I qualify for upgrade pricing: $13.87 for Bartender 7, $64 for Mega Supporter.

What do people think about the Mega Supporter lifetime license?

I’d say as long as you think the developer will remain in business for 5 years or more ($64 /$14 = 4.6), Mega Supporter could be a decent path to follow. Unless you have a better immediate use for $50 ($64 - $14 = $50).

I wonder is this licence also for Bartender 8, 9? Because it says “Bartender 6 and 7”. But also “All future upgrades forever” and “Every version of Bartender ever”? Not very clear …

I dislike the wording “lifetime licence”. The developers almost never say what exactly is included - the actual person only, or all versions (x, x+1, x+2 and so on) which will be released in the future.

Well, at the moment I would say all versions e.g. v9, v10 … but what does “Bartender 6 and 7” mean?