I begin by admitting I’m a senior. But I’m also pretty good with tech and have been a loyal Apple customer and an Apple TV user for as long as the device has been in existence.
My frustrations are the UI and not the device. And it seems not to matter how I approach the TV app, whether on iPhone, iPad, my LG TV, or via the hardware Apple TV the problem is the same. Apple has decided to push their products at the expense of all else. I have periodically subscribed to Apple TV+ but do not retain a long term subscription. I subscribe only if there is something specific I want to watch.
I really want the UI to go back to the good old days. No ads for TV series I will never watch. No listings for anything not carried on the Apple TV app. No, I don’t want to add Tubi. I don’t want Amazon Prime. I don’t want Peacock. I just want to see movies (mostly) that I can view or rent or purchase (rare) from Apple.
Is there a way to get rid of all the clutter? Thanks for any suggestions.