Verizon iPhone SE

Verizon just sent out an email with a coupon for a new phone - AND highlighted the SE. Unfortunately clicking on the link brought me the the SE page where everything was out of stock.

What’s up with that?

Diane

FYI, anyone still looking for an SE - Apple has added them to their clearance store. I’m thinking that this may be the last chance to get one unused.

Unfortunately, the 128 GB version sold out within minutes. I would have ordered one in a heartbeat. /sigh :wink:

And here’s the direct link in case they come back.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MP7X2LL/A/iphone-se-128gb-space-gray-unlocked

The fact that these sold out so quickly should be an indication for Apple that plenty of people still want a small phone even if it’s not cheap ($299 plus tax for a 3-year old phone!), IOW they get to make a good margin.

I got one on eBay this morning. There is a seller there with many. New, original unopened packaging. Returnable. Same price as the ones at Apple. 64 not 128 GB, but i do not need tgat much.

Unlocked clearance SE is available again! :smiley: $299 for 128GB, $249 for 32GB.

Direct link:
https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MP7X2LL/A/iphone-se-128gb-space-gray-unlocked

This time I finally succeeded in getting an unlocked space gray 128GB. :smiley: :heart: :heart_eyes: Can’t wait to take a sledgehammer to my 6. :wink:

1 Like

So that iPhone SE is shipping from Carlisle, PA. Never knew Apple had distribution there. I usually get Apple kit sent either straight from China or up to the Bay Area from their Riverside, CA distribution.

Apple serial numbers used to tell you which factory produced the device, during which year and on which weak during that year. Then at some point Apple changed their format. Does anybody know how you could extract such information from the new serial no. format? I’m curious to find out where this SE was manufactured and when once it arrives.

Give this site a try, this link accepts the serial number but apparently you can also use the IMEI number. It got mine phone correct but it’s a 6s Plus. Worth a shot.

Thanks, Richard.

That gives some details, but it doesn’t really say when or where a device was manufactured.

Another such service I found is this one. It says where the device was manufactured, but not when.

http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html

Apple sent the iPhone SE from some anonymous warehouse. The sender address is
A.I.
102 Goodman Dr
Carlisle, PA 17013
Google Maps shows that address as being home to Goodman Logistics, whoever that is. I also wonder A.I. stands for. Apple International? Incidentally, I’ve had several Amazon orders ship from a warehouse in Carlisle, PA. I wonder if Amazon’s latest deal with Apple is somehow related to all of this.

I always assumed A.I. was Apple, Inc. I presume Apple doesn’t want its name on boxes to reduce the chance of theft.

So the SE has arrived and it turns out it was manufactured in June 2018 in China. No surprise then that it arrived with a pretty much empty battery (never had that before with an Apple product). So this is definitely some “left over” stock and not one of the currently manufactured iPhone SE from India. That said, I don’t know if those actually come in a 128 GB config.

Setup went ok-ish. Eventually it all worked out and the SE is as awesome as expected, but when on initial setup I encountered the same iTunes sync error my wife had recently experienced, I almost lost it. That’ a story for another time though. :wink:

1 Like