KeyQuencer: Now defunct MacOS macro and automation utility. Has it had a successor?

Sadly, BinarySoft, the company that made this powerful utility doesn’t seem to exist anymore. What’s out there these days that easy to use? I’ve never had much luck with apple’s built in “Automator” tools as I did back in the day with KeyQuencer.

I remember that I have used KeyQuencer, but don’t remember much about it.

I am a long time user of Keyboard Maestro:

It works very well for me, but I’ve been writing software since the 1970’s so I might have a different perspective from most.

4 Likes

Thanks @ron

I’ll have a look at that.

I’ve been in contact with the developer of KeyQuencer many years ago, well after the app had stopped being updated and supported. They helped me out and were amazed I still run it on my System 7 setup.

And I too use Keyboard Maestro on modern macOS.

2 Likes

Wow, system 7 brings back a lot of fond memories. Great that they were so supportive for you.

Thanks for your feedback

I have used BetterTouchTool for many years. It has so many options it can be difficult to set up at times, but receives frequent updates, and the developer is very responsive.

I’m still using KeyQuencer to get stuff done.

Apple Shortcuts can run on the latest macOS. Not great but they can do some repetitive tasks.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/shortcuts/welcome/ios