Claris’s Plans for FileMaker Bode Well for Individual Users

That’s only if you have have FMP 16 or better, I do not as implied, my last version is 6.

1 Like

Wow. So I’d be paying $658 plus tax just to keep my two FM Pro 16 at home in working order. Those two copies still work on Apple Silicon and Monterey/Ventura right now. But considering 16 is the last version mentioned in that upgrade offer, I suppose that means this is the one to get if I want to future-proof my home licenses. Argh.

Yeah–that’s kinda why I copied and pasted the exact upgrade requirements directly from the Claris site.

1 Like

In the past, Claris has stated when the earliest required version would “expire” as being eligible for upgrading. I did not see this sort of statement for this new version but I also haven’t specifically looked for it. You might want to check on their site to see if they say when/if version 16 drops off the list of eligible upgrades, or maybe even just ask them.

As I consider a move to Sonoma I note Filemaker Pro 19 (my current version) is not listed as compatible.

Has there been any more on the free version of Filemaker/Claris which has been discussed since last year? I can’t seem to find anything on the Claris site.

Can any of the current Claris developers add any new information?

Not a direct answer to your question, but I will say that my old FMP 16.0.6 works fine on Sonoma. It takes longer to launch than on Ventura (wonder what changed there in Rosetta), but it still works for what I do with it here. I’d be surprised of FMP 19 wouldn’t be fine on Sonoma.

1 Like

FWIW, I’m running Sonoma and FMP 19 runs fine on my machine (M1 silicon).

1 Like

FMP 19 works fine with Sonoma and my M2 MBAir. The free version of FM is allegedly in the works (see https://talk.tidbits.com/t/filemaker-plans-not-fulfilled/26173/29).