Apple Releases macOS 12.2.1 Monterey, iOS 15.3.1, iPadOS 15.3.1, and watchOS 8.4.2

Originally published at: Apple Releases macOS 12.2.1 Monterey, iOS 15.3.1, iPadOS 15.3.1, and watchOS 8.4.2 - TidBITS

The latest maintenance updates to Apple’s core operating systems fix a couple of serious bugs and a major security flaw.

1 Like

Also Safari / Webkit for Catalina

1 Like

And Big Sur

1 Like

When I upgraded to 12.1, Image Capture uploaded a huge batch of images from my iPhone at lightning speed, with the app seeming to vibrate wildly on the iMac’s screen. But HEIC to JPG Converter stopped working altogether.

Update: when I updated to 12.2.1 HEIC to JPG converter started working again.

iOS 15.3.1 fixes what I’d consider a bug, but perhaps was a misstep when iOS 15 was released. The “ready:talk” beep in Siri, which long-timers will recall worked universally across Siri when it was first released, but then was confined to CarPlay, disappeared. It was disconcerting to use it while driving and not know when to start speaking.

I updated iPhone overnight and this morning noticed that a modified version of the beep behavior is restored. It seemed like the action timing sequence with CarPlay/Siri has been finally improved: the prompt beep sounds as you’d expect, the “end of talking” beep is now gone, and the response from Siri comes much more quickly. Overall it finally felt like a fluid exchange versus talking to a computer that had to send a query to Virginia and wait for a response before relaying that response.

1 Like

The problem I reported with alarms on WatchOS (toggling alarms on and off in the list of previously defined alarms) appears to be partially resolved. I noticed much improved behavior with toggling an alarm ON. But, turning that alarm back OFF in the list still has the problem. 1 out of 2 ain’t bad. :slight_smile:

1 Like