1Password 7.8.1

Originally published at: 1Password 7.8.1 - TidBITS

Maintenance release with bug fixes and improvements for the password manager. ($64.99 new, free update, 71.5 MB, macOS 10.13+)

I can not find the standalone app on the App Store OR on the AgileBits website :frowning:

According to https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/1password

“Mac users can still buy a single license for the 1Password standalone application for a one-time fee of $64.99, but this is not advertised. To purchase this version, you have to download 1Password 7 from the AgileBits website, then click “Need a license? We have those too” when prompted after opening the app for the first time. “

1 Like

Safari extension is broken. Nothing happens when I click on it. Does anyone know what to do?

Uninstall the extension, Safari Preferences / Extensions. Then reinstall it

1 Like

Try reinstalling the extension from the app…if that doesn’t work delete the extension in Safari and then reinstall it from 1Password.

1 Like

Hi.
I tried that. It says I have to delete the entire 1Password app. That can’t be right, can it?

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 1.20.56 AM.png

Never mind. I restarted the entire system and now it works again.

Thanks!

David Lund

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 1.20.56 AM.png

I’ve found the only way to consistently update 1P is to launch it and use its “Quit 1P completely” button to quit all parts of the app, then install the new version. This works perfectly as everything gets updated. Otherwise you get install errors or parts of the app don’t get updated and it only half-works.