When2Meet: An Easier Way to Settle on a Meeting Time

Originally published at: When2Meet: An Easier Way to Settle on a Meeting Time - TidBITS

Do you find yourself having to go back and forth when trying to identify a compatible meeting time with a group of people? Doodle has long been a good solution for this problem, but the When2Meet service is faster, easier, and free.

1 Like

Hi Adam,
thanks for letting us know about When2Meet.
I’m using since years yet an alternative service: http://xoyondo.com
Free and ad-free, usable, complete - with a supercharged pro version. I’m very happy.

cheers
–e.

1 Like

Xoyondo looks like a cleaner version of Doodle and could be a great option if you need all the options and accounts and notifications. However, I think When2Meet retains its advantages when it comes to be easy poll creation, voting, and selection. The kicker is, once again, that Xoyondo requires that you specify the times you want people to vote on, and if you don’t know what times might work best, you have to do a lot of work to enter them all in advance, and voting becomes all the more involved for each participant.

Hi,
I see now that for easy management of different times, When2Meet is superior.
As you say, Xoyondo has more options, and it is a clean, elegant (and free) version of Doodle.

cheers
–e.

This looks suspiciously like a tool I have been using for many MANY years, whenisgood.net

Indeed—they do look quite similar. My quick take after a test event is that WhenIsGood has more features but is a little clunkier to use. But it’s definitely worth checking out for anyone exploring this field.

Funny that this appeared on January 6th! But I don’t think these people in the US needed this utility to organize their meeting in Washington DC…

You can do this with Calendly or the most popular Calendly alternatives. I’ve been using Sprintful for over a year now with both my in person and virtual/online business and love it. Even on their cheapest option (much more affordable than the many competitors), I get a ton of features.

Apparently Google is rolling out a new tool for proposing meeting dates/times:

I’m hoping that it will be available G Suite Legacy users.

As @nello mentioned, there now is a scheduling feature in Google Workspace. Microsoft also includes a scheduling app called “Bookings” in its Microsoft 365 Business subscriptions. Microsoft Bookings actually is a fairly nice tool, as long as you stay completely within your subscription environment.

One of the main advantages of tools like Doodle is that they support integrating calendars from different services to provide a single consolidated view of availability across multiple environments and multiple calendars.

FWIW, I was an early adopter of Doodle, but I now primarily use Calendly. Lots of integrations and customization options.