What's your Mac desk look like?

I have several workplaces at home ranging from a recliner in front of the TV, to the dining table, to my detached ‘home office’. If I know I need to sit down and get some heavy work done, it’s generally here.

It’s a bit messy at the moment but the primary machine is a 14" MBP (M1Max). There’s a Phillips 24" on the left (which gets moved to the dining room when I want to work inside) and a 32" Dell. There’s a rarely used HomePod Mini and under this are two OWC Express 4M2 enclosures running SoftRaid for photos, Lightroom and Capture One catalogs, and backups. Behind that is a Thunderbay 4 which holds the offsite backups for my work office. There’s also an Envoy Express which is for MacBook CCC clones.

I also have a rarely used iPad. On the floor is my old 15" MBP which is used for going back to anything which needs Yosemite vintage apps.

Other than that, standard wired keyboard and mouse, wireless trackpad. The room also features a second desk with a lampshade iMac, a weights machine, treadmill and so much other stuff as to be ridiculous. Oh, and it’s air-conditioned so it’s great for year-round working. When my daughter works from home she commandeers the main desk. All up it’s about 35sqm (315 sqft) and a good place to work (or work out).

6 Likes

The SuperDrive holds up the M1 iMac to the perfect height for the Thunderbolt Display sidekick.
I traded the mouse for a Magic Trackpad years ago. My favorite desk accessory is the wireless keyboard with integrated fingerprint reader. :star_struck:

6 Likes

While I don’t have Knuth’s books, I do have some of Apple’s original “Inside Macintosh” books on my bookshelf:

I bought them back in the late 80s and early 90s and they were like $50 each ($120 today) so I could only afford one or two a year. They were nearly useless without the full set, since so many referenced other volumes, and so complicated I never did learn Mac programming until REALbasic (now Xojo) came along in 1998.

4 Likes

I think you win the tidiness prize! Wish my workspace looked that nice.