Upgrading Quicken 2007 for Catalina

Yes, it’s a shame Quicken doesn’t have a mechanism to sync your data to your devices on your own network without having to sign up for their Cloud thingy and posting your data thru it. I guess they seemed to think that was a good business model for them and that most users wouldn’t be savy enough to get it working themselves. Personally I’m not a fan of putting any of my data on someone’s Cloud - not even my ex-wife’s phone numbers and e-mail addresses.

Sadly everyone does that. You can’t even get a smart scale to sync without hooking into their cloud. I agree it’s completely stupid, it’s really just a way to track people.

Anyway, I’ll check it out, if they have a free trial. I actually paid for 2016 and have no interest in doing that again. I signed up for beta testing too but that went nowhere.

Until then I’m happy to use the one I know.

Diane

Oh, I remember MacMoney! I used it too, back in the 1990s. I can’t remember when we finally stopped using it, but here’s the last mention in TidBITS, from 1998. When, ironically, Intuit was in one of its stages of canceling and then reviving Quicken.

:+1: Agree 100%

I hear and understand all of you about the cloud sync yet at least Quicken Premier 2020 does not require that you use Cloud sync. Then again I have no desire or need for having my financial data on my iPad or iPhone. Good luck whichever path you follow!

geez, now you’re taking me back to MacWorld days in San Francsico…Bob “Dr. Mac” Levitus, Alan “OpenDoor Networks” Oppenheimer, Sal “AppleScript” Sagohian and that funny young guy…David Pogue! :grin:

1 Like

You aren’t required to to use the cloud sync feature but you do need to enable a Quicken cloud account in order to import bank or brokerage files (ofx or qfx). I don’t let Quicken download transactions directly from any financial service but I suspect that function also won’t work without the Quicken cloud account.

How about if you download manually from your bank, and import into Quicken?

Diane

Import of bank or brokerage transaction files (OFX or QFX) in Quicken Mac 2019/2020 requires a cloud sync account but the sync function can be disabled. However, If you disable both cloud sync and the cloud sync account, you can’t import OFX or QFX files.

I don’t know whether this import restriction applies to other file types like QIF or QDFM.