Thoughts and Recommendations Surrounding COVID-19

There was notice posted to my town page that people were going door to door saying they were from the CDC.

Diane

My organisation has settled on Zoom, which seems to work well both for meetings between groups in different offices, for virtual meetings for those of us working at home, and a combination of the two.

We can do telecommunication meeting so as long as at least one person is physically present at the town hall, and it must be a public meeting (although the public does not necessarily need to be allowed to speak).

It’s just the technology we are lacking.

Zoom is excellent. They’ve dropped the free tier restrictions for education establishments and we are using it to teach remotely.

Adobe look to be releasing 2 months free access to Creative Cloud apps for educators and students too.

Thanks for the article (and the comments). Very helpful, in a number of ways. For some reason, the JHU Global Cases map will not load in Safari for me. It loads just fine in Firefox. The side bars w/data load fine in both. Anyone else having this issue?

Odd! No, the JHU dashboard and map work fine for me in both Safari and Brave.

Ric Ford of Macintouch has put together a nice page collecting highly curated coronavirus resources:

https://macintouch.com/coronavirus/

1 Like

Hi friends from TidBITS,
In these trying times I’d like to wish everyone in this wonderful list good health.

cheers

–e.

2 Likes

And to you, Enrico, as well as everyone else on this list. It’s great to have an online forum of Mac and technology advice and opinions while the most of the world has to shelter in place.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Dangerous misinformation spread via social media

2 posts were split to a new topic: How are you and yours coping with the coronavirus situation?