The Top Conferences for Mac and iOS Professionals in 2019

Originally published at: https://tidbits.com/apple-conferences-2019

If you make your living in the Apple world as a consultant, developer, designer, or tech, there are a wide variety of conferences you can attend to hone your skills, learn new topics, network with your fellow wizards, and open your mind to new ways of thinking. Here’s our list for 2019. Be sure to let us know if you run across any others.

May I suggest NSNorth? Back after a three-year hiatus: https://nsnorth.ca (April 26-28, 2019)

1 Like

I don’t know if Úll (the Irish for Apple) has decided their dates but it’s a great conference - ‘A conference that sits where the humanities and the sciences intersect.’

www.ull.ie

Úll was funny in 2018—we never heard from them, they (apparently, now that I look) opened tickets for only a single week in August, and then the conference took place in late November, with nothing that I saw on the Internet about it at all.

Hopefully they’ll post dates a bit sooner this year.

Absolutely! It’s on the list now.

I know that Dermot, the most public face of the conference, left in 2017, the last time I went was 2016. It was pretty interesting, lots of good speakers and chances to chat to bods you wouldn’t normally get to meet. Had a great chat with Horace Dediu about design and Apple for example and finally got to meet some people I only know from Twitter exchanges.

LiveCode (aka the spiritual successor to all things xCard: HyperCard, SuperCard, MetaCard …), and compiles for every platform under the sun, is coming May 20-22 this year to San Jose!

https://livecode.com/california19/

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve added it and bumped the conference list to the top of our home page.

Thanks.

mobile

Hi Adam, great stuff and thanks for the collection. May I add the two events in Germany?

1. Macoun 2019: October 4-6, 2019
    In 2019 the macOS and iOS developer conference “Macoun” will take place again in Frankfurt am Main for the twelfth time. This year again up to 500 participants are expected and for three days everything will revolve around programming Macs, iPhones, iPads and Apple Watches.
  2. heise MacDev 2019: December 3 to 5, 2019
    The heise MacDev is a new developer conference and it takes place in Karlsruhe and deals with all aspects of software development for Apple devices.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks, Frank (and nice to hear from you again—we had a nice time hanging out with you and learning about Merlin and serious project management at MacTech some years back).

@jcenters, can you draft these up in the Google Doc?

1 Like

Just letting you know that the MacDeployment Conference is back this year (it is scheduled to run biennially). It’s been on the list before (thanks!). Basic Details:

June 10-11, 2019
University of Calgary campus (Calgary, Canada)
Regionally-aimed conference directed at Mac admins
Single-track
The focus this year is on MDM and working with new installation-based deployment workflows
macdeployment.ca

1 Like

Thanks! @jcenters, can you draft this up in the Google Doc so we can update the article?

We’ve now added Layers, try! Swift San Jose, MacDeployment, iOSDevCamp DC, and MacSysAdmin.

I am coming back to the old topic.

Now that the pandemic has left us alone for a while, we could consider rebuilding the list for 2023. For the German events I can help.

Oh wow, yeah, I hadn’t thought about conferences in years.

I wonder if there’s a better way to do it than an article—perhaps a wiki page here in Discourse where people can add and edit entries easily. Stay tuned…

1 Like

OK, @fblome, take a look at the wiki page I created to hold conference listings. I started populating it from the 2019 conferences that are continuing, and will finish that up when I get time. But anything else you or others can add would be welcome!

2 Likes