The Big News about macOS 10.14 Mojave Is Dark

Regarding iOS crossovers, if they have dropped the plan to merge MacOS and iOS, why do they keep adding iOS items and functions to MacOS?

Tim Cook made it quite clear at the WWDC that iOS and Mac OS will not completely merge. At this point, Apple is beginning to share more features between devices:

Apple definitively confirms iOS and MacOS will not merge.

How Apple sees iOS apps bringing new life to Macs

And despite Apple’s denials, people can’t help spotting hints that Macs and iPhones may converge one day.

https://www.cnet.com/news/how-apple-sees-ios-apps-bringing-new-life-to-macs/

Marilyn

It is much better than light grey text on a white background. like 99% of the Web.

I’ve installed Mojave on both machine, dark mode all the way, and am busy filing bugs for all the places the dark moe is failing. Even with all the issues, it is a massive improvement for me and it much more readable.

1Password works just fine. So does Pipifier and Shut Up. uBlock Origins, otoh, does not.

How can that be if Apple only allows Apple extensions to Safari in the Public Beta?

It is not true that Apple only allows Apple extensions, it’s only Apple approved extensions.

-Al-

Discourse has themes, and you can switch to Dark Mode in your preferences.

29%20PM

1 Like

Haver you tried Discourse’ dark mode?

I don’t love it, but then again, I don’t much like dark modes in general.

Having the secondary title (which appears once you scroll) in a too-dark grey isn’t great, but it’s also pretty minor in the scheme of things). It’s probably easily fixable.

There are a bunch of Discourse themes. If you see one you like, let me know and I can see about installing it.

I like dark modes.

… “vibrancy adjustments”??? Whuzzat, please?