Take Control Books Are 50%-Off This Week

(Tonya Engst) #1

Originally published at: https://tidbits.com/2018/04/09/take-control-books-are-50-off-this-week/

The Take Control series is having a 50%-off sale this week. Take Control’s former editor in chief, Tonya Engst, writes about what makes the series special and which three ebooks are her current favorites.

(Mark H. Zollinhofer) #2

In Firefox, the Take Control images don’t seem to be clickable to take you to the Take Control site - which would seem to be a threshold folks will trip over when trying to go to Take Control to buy a book - and you clearly indicate you want folks to buy books from Joe Kissell. Am I missing something?

(Adam Engst) #3

Nope, you’re not missing anything. I thought I could make the covers clickable, but we had never done that before in the new system. It turns out that a custom URL for an image fights with the code that expands images on click. I’ll file a bug report on this and we’ll get it fixed. (And it’s worth noting that images were never linkable in our previous site.)

(Felix) #4

The customer appreciation week discount prompted me to take the opportunity to place a gift order for a friend who’s in the process of converting to the Mac. Thanks a bunch, I’m sure he’ll find the read enjoyable and informative.