Take Control Books Are 50%-Off This Week

Originally published at: https://tidbits.com/2018/04/09/take-control-books-are-50-off-this-week/

The Take Control series is having a 50%-off sale this week. Take Control’s former editor in chief, Tonya Engst, writes about what makes the series special and which three ebooks are her current favorites.

In Firefox, the Take Control images don’t seem to be clickable to take you to the Take Control site - which would seem to be a threshold folks will trip over when trying to go to Take Control to buy a book - and you clearly indicate you want folks to buy books from Joe Kissell. Am I missing something?

Nope, you’re not missing anything. I thought I could make the covers clickable, but we had never done that before in the new system. It turns out that a custom URL for an image fights with the code that expands images on click. I’ll file a bug report on this and we’ll get it fixed. (And it’s worth noting that images were never linkable in our previous site.)

The customer appreciation week discount prompted me to take the opportunity to place a gift order for a friend who’s in the process of converting to the Mac. Thanks a bunch, I’m sure he’ll find the read enjoyable and informative.

1 Like