Security Update 2021-002 Catalina and 2021-003 Mojave

Originally published at: Security Update 2021-002 Catalina and 2021-003 Mojave - TidBITS

Patches security vulnerabilities in Catalina and Mojave. (Free, various sizes, macOS 10.15.7 and 10.14.6)

1 Like

Installed…Mojave system…zero issues

1 Like

Catalina version worked for me

1 Like

Installed Catalina update. So far the only issue is that it had the fan on my MacBook Pro running full bore, and the keyboard was hot. I actually used a thin book to prop up the front of the MacBook Pro to let air around the unit. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

We’ve just learned that the security update for Catalina breaks OpenCL, which will cause problems for Acorn 6 (not the current Acorn 7) and Retrobatch (if you process images through Core Image).

https://shapeof.com/archives/2021/4/apple_april_2021_security_update_and_acorn.html

My Catalina and Mojave drives did not report any security updates to install.

This update of Catalina resulted in Safari 14.1 having issues with constant reloading of financial websites (like fidelity.com and banking sites). It is probably a problem with Java, since disabling Java loads the website just fine, but login is not possible. I’ve notified Apple, but customer support advisor was of no help. Safari is basically unusable and I’ve switched to Chrome. Would advise DO NOT update until Apple addresses this issue with Safari.