Screenshots. Really?

It’s also in the Launchpad, if you prefer:

(Your Mac may have it in a different folder).

It’s the same app that is launched when you type CMD-SHIFT-5.

Launch it with whatever mechanism you find most convenient.

1 Like

Try xNip in the App Store. Similar to ScreenShooter from the description, although I have never used the later.

I like xNip a lot and use it daily. What makes it a winner is the complete set of annotation tools. Lines, boxes, circles, arrows, and text in your choice of size and color. Only one font though.

Set up a save location and naming convention or name it yourself.

As I recall very inexpensive.

I am grateful that while Apple iOS is a very closed system, Mac OS has hooks and APIs and AppleScript to allow third parties to get things done without Apple sharing the source code.

Can Windoze be scripted and Macroed as easily? (Not a Windoze Jockey)

1 Like

I am trying to use my snap2gc Applescript with Ventura on a Macbook Air:

do shell script "screencapture -i -c"
-- Ensure GraphicConverter is active (caution: no error trapping here)
tell application "GraphicConverter"
	activate
	-- new image from clipboard -- this is a built-in GC script
	new image from clipboard
end tell

This works if I run it from Script Editor. However if I SAVE AS an app I get a warning about screen recording. I allow this for my snap2gc.app in System Settings/Security & Privacy/Screen Recording and it appears in the list with the toggle on. However the clipboard image passed to GraphicConverter is just of the wallpaper - not the screen contents. I get the same warning message next time I try to run the app. System Setttings still show that screen recording is allowed.
This does not happen on a Mac running Mojave.

I got it working by creating a Shortcut and putting it in the Dock:

To put it in the Dock right-click on the icon and select Add to Dock (!)

You could substitute Preview or another graphics app in place of GraphicConverter.