Pixelmator Pro 2.3

Originally published at: Pixelmator Pro 2.3 - TidBITS

Major update that adds an automatic background removal feature, automatic subject selection, and a Select and Mask tool. ($39.99 new, free update, 433.4 MB, macOS 10.15+)

I own every image editor from Acorn to Photoshop but Pixelmator Pro has become my goto for work i cant do inside Capture One. A really lovely app to use.

Currently 50% off so I’m going to give it a try. Like Tommy I’m primarily a Capture One user but I also have Affinity Photo handy. I don’t love Affinity Photo so I’m happy to compare Pixelmator Pro.

I would be interested in a comparison shot-out between Photoshop Elements and Pixelmator.
I upgraded to the latest version of Photoshop Elements and apart from some AI stuff, I could not find much in the way of improvements over the previous versions. In fact I found Photoshop Elements 2022 to hang from time to time and there’s a couple of function adjustments that are irritating and obviously done by a programmer fresh out of school and learnt a couple of programmer tricks.
I used the Creative Suite version of Photoshop when employed to do so, but cant see the value of going to an expensive subscription service to edit the family snaps.