Picsew Is Indispensable for Professional iOS Screenshots

Originally published at: Picsew Is Indispensable for Professional iOS Screenshots - TidBITS

Picsew is a handy iOS app for stitching together, cropping, bordering, and otherwise cleaning up screenshots. We walk you through some of our favorite features.

2 Likes

This is really good! I’ve seen lots of articles for Tailor, Stitch It! or Pic Stitch, and I came across StitchPics. I thought I finally found THE app and wanted to recommend it to you guys until I searched first and found this. Both seems very similar in features and both are released a year ago, but this app has better UI and slightly more features. I’ll be using both to see how they perform but for my needs so far it’s really good!

1 Like

Thanks for this. I’ve had Picsew on my phone for a long time, but I had no idea it did all this. I’ve only ever used it to vertically combine screenshots.

1 Like

What did you conclude? Did you decide that Picsew is the best option?

I paid for both and although both are still being updated, I find that picsew has more updates and the UI is more polished. Stitch pics (or aka scrollshot) seems to be done by one man and has email support. For picsew there is actually a telegram for support as well.

For picsew I remembered requesting for a export to PDF option as the other PDF apps I used was buggy when having such a long image in their PDF, and the admin mentioned it was on the roadmap already. To my surprise, sometime later, it was implemented. Stitch pics do not have that export to PDF feature.

Both also has a screen recording feature which I liked as well that I didn’t know about that I don’t think was mentioned in the article (long press the record button in control center to select the app).

However one feature that I like about stitch pics is that for web shots, it allows us to edit the webpage itself. Picsew does not have this option.

Hope the above helps!

Edit: on 31st July 2022 seems like StitchPics updated to add a export to PDF feature as well!

Is something missing from the existing iOS markup tools which are available when capturing a full web page on iOS?

I don’t get what you mean. iOS don’t have the features I’m referring to. If iOS has them why would I not use them :joy: For custom apps using a UI web view, it doesn’t have that print whole webpage to PDF option nor you being able to actually delete web elements like advertisements away like you can in the stitch pics app. You can download the apps and try it out for yourself to see what I mean. It’s free to try.