Parallels Desktop 17

Originally published at: Parallels Desktop 17 - TidBITS

Major upgrade for the popular virtualization software brings speed enhancements and support for macOS 12 Monterey and M1-based Macs. ($79.99 annual subscription for standard edition or $99.99 perpetual license, 311 MB, macOS 10.13.6+)

1 Like

After upgrading to v17, giving it permission to it in Security and privacy - accessibility and restarting, all of my permissions in S&P were wiped out. I tried reinstalling several from ChronoSync, Bitdefender and Keyboard Maestro by following the instructions and was unable to.The solution was restarting my computer again. I had to force quit several apps in the process but it appears all is well now.

Freaky! I upgraded on a MacBook Pro I use to run a single Windows app for managing track meets with no problems at all apart from the necessary restarting of everything. I was offered the upgrade before I’d even seen the announcement of Parallels 17 and I was moving quickly before my track meet last week, so I just accepted the upgrade without realizing how major it was. Normally, I’d never recommend such a major upgrade right before needing a mission-critical app.