Old TB logo in ‘Apple Touch Icon’?

I just added this wonderful new incarnation of TidBITS Talk to my favourites in Safari. I was surprised to see the graphic used for the site in my quick access is the old TB logo:

I think this the ‘Apple Touch Icon’ resource? Has this been updated (as I know the favicon has)?

By the way, I love the new logo, it’s excellent! :heart_eyes:

Thanks for pointing that out — looks like we lost track of that at some point, so I’ll find the URL to the new one and update it.

1 Like

OK, I’ve linked in the new icon — you may have to resave the favorite to get it.

1 Like

I’ve just checked, and it’s the same problem. Now I’m back on my Mac, I can see the source to the site, and it doesn’t look like the links point to the new logo. This is on the Discourse site I’m talking about (talk.tidbits.com). The header includes:

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" type="image/png" href="/uploads/default/original/1X/67b60a02c42df082ef1aa6d502a39464f6eb93da.jpg">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="144x144" href="/uploads/default/original/1X/67b60a02c42df082ef1aa6d502a39464f6eb93da.jpg">

Both of which link to the old logo.

It is set correctly now, but perhaps there are some caching issues in play (caching is the bane of my existence in this transition). Give it a little bit and maybe it will catch up.

Ah, ok, I’ll wait until tomorrow. I’ve been too keen to get all this new TidBITS goodness set up. :wink: I can imagine that caching has been a right pain. It’s very useful, except when it isn’t!