"New" MacBook Pro? What's new?

Unless I missed it, I saw nothing mentioned re: a refresh of the MacBook Pro in today’s Apple event.

However, on the Apple Store web page (https://www.apple.com/mac/) the word “New” is included beneath the icons for MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro and Pro Display XDR.

I am in the market for a new 15" MacBook Pro and hate to buy one now if there may be something new later this year. I’m wondering what exactly is “new” with these current models. A cursory look found no real explanation. Can anyone help me out?

There was a speed bump in July. I think that anything in the last 3-6 months gets the ’New” designation.

Thanks, Alan.

So, what conjecture or rumors are out there concerning a new MBP? In July, it seems there was some speculation about something happening in late fall. Is there historical evidence that Apple might introduce something at that time (like the September time frame has historically been used for a reveal of iPhones and other products)? I am in the market for a 15" MBP sooner rather than later (six months is my max time-frame). Thanks.

PS: A link to any online discussions, articles, etc. is appreciated.

Rumors point to new 16" MBP in a case essentially the size of the current 15".

Thread here.

Thanks. Just what I was looking for.