Monterey Safari connectivity issues

On my new 14" MBP with Monterey I keep seeing Safari connectivity issues. After not using Safari for a while, it will have trouble loading any page at all. Sometimes a restart helps. Often it doesn’t. I know network connection is good because I usually have a Zoom going on at the same time which shows no signs at all of network trouble.

I can usually get Safari to start loading pages again, believe it or not, if I launch Firefox and use that to load a page.

I have managed to narrow it down to being on wifi. I have yet to see it occur when on Gigabit. But I see it on at least two separate wifi networks that are entirely unrelated.

Anybody see anything similar? Any ideas? I have to admit I’m a bit suspicious of the Cisco VPN stuff running in the background even when VPN connection is off (it has been off when this happens). I need the Cisco VPN crap for work, but there’s no recent release being pushed to us for Monterey compatibility (last update was in April). I wonder if this could be related, but I really have nothing specific to go on here.

I should perhaps add that in some cases I see Safari regain connectivity on its own after many minutes. :confused:

Issue still lingers here despite several Monterey updates, but appears not to be widespread.

I wonder if a profile could be part of the issue, specifically a profile I need to access work wifi. I’m not sure I’d know how to test that though, since if I remove the profile, I won’t be able to connect to work wifi at all. :thinking:

I finally upgraded my 15-inch MBP to Monterey just today, but I’ve been having connectivity issues with Safari in Big Sur for many months; so this is not just a Monterey issue—it’s a Safari issue, and a very annoying one at that.

I’ve seen similar intermittent behavior with Safari. I’ve often left it to load a webpage when it seems to stall, and after a short time, it will finish. Other times, it’ll time out, but if I reload the page, it succeeds. I don’t think I’ve seen Safari stall for several minutes, however.

I’m also seeing this on Monterey.

When this occurred again today I realized there was one test I had so far not carried out.

I defined a new location in network, enabled wifi in that and presto, Safari started loading pages again. Go figure. :confused:

1 Like

And for sake of completeness, after trying to compare these two location configs to see any relevant difference, the only thing I could find was that in my new manually set up location as opposed to the previous automatic config, Wi-Fi > Advanced > Proxies > Auto Proxy Discovery was switched off.