On my new 14" MBP with Monterey I keep seeing Safari connectivity issues. After not using Safari for a while, it will have trouble loading any page at all. Sometimes a restart helps. Often it doesn’t. I know network connection is good because I usually have a Zoom going on at the same time which shows no signs at all of network trouble.
I can usually get Safari to start loading pages again, believe it or not, if I launch Firefox and use that to load a page.
I have managed to narrow it down to being on wifi. I have yet to see it occur when on Gigabit. But I see it on at least two separate wifi networks that are entirely unrelated.
Anybody see anything similar? Any ideas? I have to admit I’m a bit suspicious of the Cisco VPN stuff running in the background even when VPN connection is off (it has been off when this happens). I need the Cisco VPN crap for work, but there’s no recent release being pushed to us for Monterey compatibility (last update was in April). I wonder if this could be related, but I really have nothing specific to go on here.
I should perhaps add that in some cases I see Safari regain connectivity on its own after many minutes.
Issue still lingers here despite several Monterey updates, but appears not to be widespread.
I wonder if a profile could be part of the issue, specifically a profile I need to access work wifi. I’m not sure I’d know how to test that though, since if I remove the profile, I won’t be able to connect to work wifi at all.
I finally upgraded my 15-inch MBP to Monterey just today, but I’ve been having connectivity issues with Safari in Big Sur for many months; so this is not just a Monterey issue—it’s a Safari issue, and a very annoying one at that.
I’ve seen similar intermittent behavior with Safari. I’ve often left it to load a webpage when it seems to stall, and after a short time, it will finish. Other times, it’ll time out, but if I reload the page, it succeeds. I don’t think I’ve seen Safari stall for several minutes, however.
I’m also seeing this on Monterey.
When this occurred again today I realized there was one test I had so far not carried out.
I defined a new location in network, enabled wifi in that and presto, Safari started loading pages again. Go figure.
And for sake of completeness, after trying to compare these two location configs to see any relevant difference, the only thing I could find was that in my new manually set up location as opposed to the previous automatic config, Wi-Fi > Advanced > Proxies > Auto Proxy Discovery was switched off.