Moneydance 2021

Originally published at: Moneydance 2021 - TidBITS

Major upgrade for the personal finance management app brings a fresh new appearance and improved syncing engine with end-to-end encryption. ($49.99 new, free update, 131 MB, macOS 10.11+)

Beware of the update. The Moneydance knowledge-verse is reporting Java problems and it doesn’t work on Catalina. The fix has to come from Oracle.

1 Like

I installed the Moneydance update today on Catalina, and it seems to be working fine for normal functions. I’ve noticed only one Java issue: if Moneydance is open when another Java-heavy app is launched or quit, there’s about a 50-50 chance that Moneydance will crash (with no data loss). Other than that, I’ve not seen issues yet, though I’ll admit that I use only about half of Moneydance’s features.

1 Like

The issue that I saw reported and verified is that Moneydance 2021 will quit unexpectedly when running on a screen other than the main screen. So, if you have no need to run it on a second display, you should be O.K.

2 Likes

Thx Mark,

I failed to include this part. The troubles were occurring when a second monitor was involved.
Removing it (I assume powering it down) cleared up the issues.

M

1 Like