Microsoft Office for Mac 16.37

Originally published at: https://tidbits.com/watchlist/microsoft-office-2019-16-37/

Adds a new way to search for commands and help in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. ($149.99 new for one-time purchase, $99.99/$69.99 annual subscription options, free update)

I got the update and the “tell me” or “light bulb icon” does not show for any of the 3 programs, Word, Excel or Powerpoint.

Do you have an O365 subscription? Like a number of Office application features, this one requires a subscription.

1 Like

I wondered about that, no, I using download from MS. Thanks for letting me know.

I have the subscription version of Office and try to use it on Macs, iPad, and iPhones. I don’t see how people in the Apple universe can tolerate the difficulty of getting it to function in the iCloud realm. I feel “pushed” to use OneDrive by the workflow architecture and find it difficult to have my documents easily saved in iCloud. I don’t want a OneDrive account despite the free storage offered. For simple documents, I often fall back on Pages for its convenience in this regard, and convert the output to a Word doc if I’m sharing. Am I misunderstanding something about how to use Office cloud functions?

It’s a good question, and I suspect that this is one of those situations where trying to span ecosystems simply doesn’t work well. You’re best off if you focus all your efforts on iWork/iCloud, Office/OneDrive, or Google Docs/Drive. Trying to mix them is likely an exercise in frustration.