Microsoft 365 Subscription vs. Perpetual License

Ah yes, I hadn’t thought of that. But then I’m happy to use Word to share any changes that have to be marked; I just like Kaleidoscope for its speed and the clean view without the formatting.

For one client who wanted hard markup, I used to use a Nisus Writer Pro “compare documents” macro created by the legendary Kino. As a way to show changes clearly, as opposed to accepting or rejecting them, this worked very well. For instance, IIRC you could choose to compare at the level of characters, phrases, sentences and paras. Contrast with what happens when you change a letter in Word: sometimes the change is marked as one letter, sometimes as the whole word.

Good luck in finding something that works for you. I use Markdown whenever I can, but I don’t mind Word and for paid work I’m pretty much obliged to use it.

Indeed! Pandoc too, if we’re talking Swiss army knives.

This is just a random goof, not a solution for anything, but someone made LibreOffice running in a web browser, using Web Assembly.

Yes, even old AppleWorks files! I stand by my assertion that it’s a clunky app for everyday use however. Very un-Mac-like. Hard to argue with free though, on top of the Swiss Army knife features!

1 Like

LibreOffice will read old Word files (1990s) that Word will not read!

Thank you to this tip. It will help me with spelunking through files from my MacPlus.

Warning: Probably some of you have seen this obvious scam (too good to be true):

There are a couple of mis-stated phrases. And the sender and other addresses are NOT Microsoft or any other reputable company.