LittleBITS: Be Aware of TidBITS Server Changes

Originally published at: LittleBITS: Be Aware of TidBITS Server Changes - TidBITS

We’re starting the process of moving TidBITS servers to the Cloudways managed hosting service, so don’t worry if you see occasional hiccups in the next few weeks.

5 Likes

You mention the Discourse that you use for talk forums. I’m curious how expensive that is.

I’m glad you understand this. it’s mostly incomprehensible to me, but I trust whatever it is you are trying to do.

1 Like

Discourse is open source, so it’s free to install. We pay DigitalOcean $14 per month for hosting right now, but if you don’t want to manage it yourself, the people behind Discourse will do it starting at $50 per month.

Or there are other companies that will do it for less.

https://www.communiteq.com/

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is a hiccup, but as of 10:00 pm EDT, I have not received my June 17 issue of TidBits.

It was a hiccup, but purely a human one. I finished everything with the issue last night and then got distracted before I pushed the Send Email button. :roll_eyes: Our fabulous Japanese translator, @Mark_Nagata, asked me about this morning and I gasped and pushed the button right away.

I’ve set up Due to ask if I’ve sent the issue at 10 PM every Monday night, just in case this happens again.

1 Like

Thanks. We all have senior moments. Again, thanks for all you do.

Steve

1 Like