How to cycle through all open windows?

I’m looking for a little app that allows me to essentially cycle through all open windows like cmd-tab does for apps. Or like cmd-` but across all apps. Obviously, Exposé already provides this, but it’s geared towards mouse use. I’m looking for something where I can leave my hands on the KB. Any good suggestions?

Witch?

1 Like

Thanks for this! I am now looking at Witch… and seeing some other cool utilities by this developer. :+1:t4:

Thank you, I’ll definitely take it for a spin.

Does look very fancy though, lost of customization options. Anybody know of something really simple, kind of a one-trick pony?

Three things strike me as a bit odd with Witch.

1. It seems to want permission to do a lot of stuff on my Mac. Why for example should it be allowed to record my screen?

2. I cannot seem to get it to display small window previews, just (large) names. Am I doing it wrong?

3. I cannot find an option (despite countless others being offered) to not list hidden apps. Am I doing it wrong?

Could these two be related?

Maybe it’s using the screen recording API to capture the window thumbnail images?

It is a shame that Mission Control cannot select open windows/apps with the keyboard. Why something that is activated by the keyboard cannot be operated by it is disappointing.

1 Like