How are you and yours coping with the coronavirus situation?

Is there any way on a Mac to view the free Apple TV + episodes if you’re not on Catalina? My understanding is you need the Apple TV app, but on the Mac that’s only included with Catalina, isn’t it?

https://apple.co/FreeForEveryone

According to the web site, you can watch on a supported browser.

Thanks! But at least for me, even after logging in with my Apple ID that won’t let me watch the “free” episodes. It’s just keeps pushing the AppleTV+ trial (ad nauseum).

Free stuff doesn’t start until the 11th, so sometime today.

I’m currently self-isolating at home, as I’m in an at-risk group (I take medication that suppresses my immune system.) Thus far, it has been OK, we’re able to get shopping delivered (although we’re still having issues with some items being out-of-stock), and we’ve got a garden we can relax in now that the weather has improved. Getting medication is going to be a challenge, but I’ve registered with my surgery and the NHS as being vulnerable so hopefully that can be delivered too.

3 Likes

It sounds like the free Apple TV stuff is just a few of their exclusive shows?

As for prescription deliveries, my pharmacy, which is actually my grocery store, does deliver on week days. I paid over the phone and they left it inside the screen door like I asked.

Diane

Nah, still nothing I’m afraid. I’m bringing out the old iPad mini to watch the stuff. Ironically, there on iOS 12. :confused:

So far I haven’t read any posts relating actual cases of coronavirus infection, hence my proverbial 2 cents…

On 29 March my brother-in-law (my sisters’ husband) texted us with the following, about his brother “N” who’s a cardiologist in Toronto:

“One of my brother’s cancer patients has been diagnosed with COVID-19. N is required to be tested for the virus himself along with 4 nurses that have all had contact with the afflicted patient. That will happen this afternoon at a bank building near the hospital that has been repurposed as a testing center. The results will take a day and a half. In the meantime they are required to stay at home in quarantine. N is at home and has restricted himself to one floor of his house.”

Then on 30 March he texted us again:

“My brother tested negative, good news. I thought that meant he can go back to work, but he is still required to do 14 day home quarantine. Evidently the initial negative result doesn’t mean he won’t become symptomatic in a week. I didn’t know that. Still, I’m relieved.”

It has now been more than 14 days and we haven’t heard otherwise, so we assume he’s OK, perhaps even able to go back to work. :crossed_fingers:

Meanwhile, also on 29 March my brother texted us about his brother-in-law “J” (his wife’s brother) in NJ:

“Update on ‘J’: today is 12th day of symptoms. His wife ‘M’ also has symptoms. Their daughter ‘A’ is ok so far. He still doesn’t have results from his test of 12 days ago. He is slowly feeling better.”

31 March:
“J is feeling better. Test results came back ‘inconclusive’. His wife has cough and sore throat but no fever. Glad they’re getting thru this.”

3 April:
“His results finally came in. He tested positive. Thank God he’s feeling ok now. Daughter is being tested now.”

8 April with the latest:

“J, A and M all have been infected and are recovering well. J is making an effort to donate antibodies to help others.”

As you can see, it’s been a roller coaster for us. But we’re actually the “lucky” ones… so far! :crossed_fingers: and toes, too.

6 Likes

I almost feel guilty by saying this but since my wife and I are both retired, the self isolation has not affected us that much; physically, mentally and financially. Being an anti-social introvert really helps. I still go on my daily walk every morning and spend the rest of the day tending to my hobbies. My wife, on the other hand, is very social but a lot of her social gatherings have been canceled. She’s been coping very well, though.

3 Likes