GraphicConverter 12.1

Originally published at: GraphicConverter 12.1 - TidBITS

Brings new and updated features to the Swiss Army knife of graphics programs. ($39.95 new, free update, 157.8 MB, macOS 10.13+)

I used to use Graphic Converter but now just use Preview.

I have always appreciated and respected Lemkesoft’s work. GC does a lot with an emphasis on supporting an extremely wide range of image file formats (see features list below). This is something many other commercial apps have turned away from. I also appreciate any degree of backwards compatibility against the rush to support only the “current 3 versions” of macOS that Apple pushes (and in some cases forces upon developers).

Lemkesoft maintains downloads for older versions of GC in case you need it on a historical version of System/Mac OS/OSX.

Key features of GraphicConverter as listed on their web site (with links to more info):

Import and export functions

Picture organization & workflow management

Picture editing

Compatibility

[Edit: Blockquoted the features list above to visually denote sourced content from elsewhere]

2 Likes

Indeed. In addition to developing a truly great product, Thorsten Lemke consistently has been prompt, cordial, professional, and informative whenever I have contacted Lemkesoft with a question or a support issue.

When I occasionally get fed up with Apple and think about moving to another platform for my primary needs, I have the thought, “…but I’ll lose GraphicConverter.” Thorsten Lemke continues to deliver a remarkable amount of value to the Mac platform.

Possible article topic: unsung heroes of the Mac platform.

PS. An interview with TL from a few years ago.

1 Like

Absolutely! Thorsten’s willingness to help out has resulted in a pair of TidBITS articles in the last few years.

3 Likes

And just for those security conscious, version 12.0.7 (10 Oct. 2023) fixed the WebP vulnerability that impacted numerous applications. LemkeSoft was quick to get that updated. :grinning:

1 Like