GarageBand 10.4.1

Originally published at: GarageBand 10.4.1 - TidBITS

Introduces a new user interface for macOS 11 Big Sur and improves performance and efficiency on Macs with Apple’s M1 chip. (Free, 797.5 MB, macOS 10.13.6+)

I’m presuming from a comment on this thread that the 11.0+ requirement is temporary until Apple fixes the release package.

1 Like

That’s my assumption—I’ve edited the original piece on the TidBITS site to account for that.

1 Like

Still isn’t fixed. If this was a requirement, why offer it to Catalina Macs? I’ve got that little red “1” badge showing in my dock…

David

Let’s assume that Apple isn’t likely to fix the package over the weekend. :wink: The support rep that Ray Zoller talked to didn’t have an estimated time to repair, but I wouldn’t expect it to be too long.

1 Like

Colors? We care about sound quality, not colors. What is wrong with these so called audio engineers? Are they tone deaf?

Reasonable assumption. It’s Wednesday and still not fixed. Clearly Apple is not feeling any urgency about fixing this!

David

Oops, I posted this in another thread yesterday:

FWIW, I just rebooted my iMac running Catalina, and the Notification Badge for the Garage Band update is gone. When I open the Garage Band info window from the App Store, it informs me that I am running version 4.0 and that 4.1 is available but requires MacOS 11.0 or later, just as a few other Big Sur only apps do.

Note: I upgraded the iMac to Big Sur last night, and the upgrade to 4.1 was in the first batch when the App Store provided updates.

I still see it waiting for update and still cannot under Catalina. Notification badge still shows very interesting.

Very weird that you’re not getting the badge. I’ve rebooted a few times and I can’t get rid of it regardless. Can you post a screenshot of those info windows, though? I wonder if it’s because you somehow have 10.4.0, whereas I have 10.3.5.

Sorry, I’ve since upgraded the desktop to Big Sur, so I can’t replicate the setup.