Fantastical 3.4.2

Originally published at: Fantastical 3.4.2 - TidBITS

Adds options for custom app icons in the Dock and support for Working Elsewhere availability in Exchange. ($39.99 annual subscription, free update, 53.1 MB, macOS 10.13.2+)

Hello, all. A little Flexibits help please.

Tl;dr: Attempts to spend money on Flexibits Premium subscription have resulted in brokenness; support is also broken and seemingly unavailable.

I have loved Cardhop on my iPhone, iPad and recently, Mac as well. It’s recently been bundled into the Flexibits Premium subscription. While, I like many, have issues with badly supported subscription models (and there are many) I also completely understand the need for recurring revenue for ANY business and DO and WILL subscribe to SUPPORTED software.

So, because, of great love here and elsewhere for Fantastical I have signed up for a Premium account. Issues have arisen:

1. I usually buy software from developers directly when possible because Apple tax, developer ability to be responsive when Apple often isn’t, etc. I bought Cardhop from App Store on iPhone, then created Premium account on Mac, downloaded from them directly. All is now broken and I can’t figure out why. No sync, no recognition of the new “account” and weird effects on my contacts seem to have been the only results. (Btw, this “split purchase” scenario should be directly addressed on their site; not, afaik.)

2. I filled out a web form, no response, after quite a while. I should’ve researched an actual email address instead, my bad, but in any event, they should really answer.

3. From what I can tell, there is ONLY email support, no chat or phone. There seem also to be no forums or any Flexibits community; no subreddit either, a really easy way to help users. Many devs do this and monitor discussion and questions as a way to see what’s happening with their products/users.

4. I really don’t care about having no “credit” for the Cardhop purchase and if they WANT me to buy from Mac App Store instead of supporting them directly, I will but mostly, I just want it to work and be supported.

Any thoughts much appreciated; Tidbits ftw for 30 years +!!

David

I’ll ping the folks at Flexibits—perhaps your support request just got lost in the cracks somewhere.

1 Like

Many thanks. I can’t wait to see if it did get lost and I promise to ‘fess up if so!