Export Contacts

A friend of mine wants to export her contacts but doesn’t have a computer, only an iPhone (unknown model/iOS version). If I bring my laptop (MacOS Sonoma 14.x), what is the best way to copy her contact database? The end goal is to export her contacts into a spreadsheet/CRM system.

I didn’t want to hijack this thread

https://talk.tidbits.com/t/a-deep-dive-on-mac-contacts/26234/9

but it triggered my thought

Do the contacts sync with iCloud? If so, you can open a private window on Safari on your Mac, have her log in to iCloud.com, and choose Contacts. Then see this page to see how to select and share contacts (i.e., create a VCF file with all selected contacts.)

2 Likes

Open Contacts to a display of Contact lists. Tap and hold the list you wish to export. You’ll be presented with a list of fields, and you will then select those you wish to export. When you are done, you’ll see a share sheet showing various targets. Select one and a .vcf version of the list will be sent there. Check on the web for various methods of converting VCF files to CSAV files or other spreadsheet formats.

10 Likes

That’s even better.

Wow, that is some useful hidden functionality I never knew about. Thanks so much!

1 Like