Evaluating New Features in the iPhone 15 Pro Max, Apple Watch Series 9, and AirPods Pro

Originally published at: Evaluating New Features in the iPhone 15 Pro Max, Apple Watch Series 9, and AirPods Pro - TidBITS

Julio Ojeda-Zapata took the iPhone 15 Pro Max, the Apple Watch Series 9, and the recently tweaked second-generation AirPods Pro on a trip as a tech experiment: How would their new features fare in a travel capacity? He renders his verdicts.

4 Likes

After reading about the iOS 17 Conversation Awareness feature I was looking forward to giving it a try. My chance came when I was washing our breakfast dishes while listening to my fave podcast, the excellent A History of Rock Music in 500 Songs by Andrew Hickey.

The audio quickly faded out as I responded to my wife but it took a little longer to return than I like after our conversation ended. That isn’t a deal-killer. . . And yet I will need to be selective regarding using the feature because I quickly discovered that the music also disappeared when I was singing along to the Beatles’ “Love Me Do.” My wife agreed that with me that simply will not work for me. . .

2 Likes

Hah! I love that podcast too, and have found the same problem—Conversation Awareness takes a little too long to come back when you’re listening to spoken words that you can’t just skip, as you can with a few seconds of music.