Ergotron Sit-Stand Desk Converter Works Well but Is Costly

Originally published at: https://tidbits.com/2018/11/27/ergotron-sit-stand-desk-converter-works-well-but-is-costly/

For those whose offices cannot accommodate a full-size standing desk, a converter placed atop an existing desk serve the same function. Ergotron’s newest converter, the WorkFit-TX, remedies the flaws in other such products. It isn’t cheap, though.

Boy, that isn’t cheap! A full sized Jarvis standing desk with monitor arms can be had for that price. It would come with electronic controls to move the desk up and down, so you can stand or sit with a single push of a button. Plus, it’s much more ergonomic because you can place the desktop and monitor at the right height for you.

That’s exactly right. As I noted in my piece, I prefer a full standing desk, and those are available at about the cost of the Ergotron converter. Some people do not have the option of removing their existing traditional desks, however. For such folks, the Ergotron converter is the best option I’ve seen, though it isn’t cheap.

Just curious – what does “rodent” refer to in the following sentence: “At 28 inches (71 cm), the WorkFit-TX’s keyboard tray is also wide enough to accommodate a keyboard with enough extra with room for comfortable rodent manipulation, which is not true of many other converters.”

The Mouse, which requires a little space to work.

does this product fit in corner desks?

A good question. It does not, but both Ergotron and Varidesk have models designed to be used in corner cubicles.

Thank you so much for the quick response! What are the units that work in a corner desk? One of my issues is that I have two monitors, and one of them is quite large, so I need to make sure there is enough room at the base to hold both monitors, which the
Ergotron Sit-Stand Desk Converter appeared to do.