DEVONthink 3.0

Originally published at: https://tidbits.com/watchlist/devonthink-3/

Final release of DEVONthink 3.0 after seven betas irons out the rough spots in the evolving upgrade to the information management app. ($99/$199/$499 new, upgrades available, 93.3 MB)

The standard version of DEVONthink 3 costs $99, with DEVONthink Pro 3 priced at $149 [Upgrade Discounts] for those with previous licenses purchased either directly from DEVONtechnologies or via third-party promotions. (…, $199 for DEVONthink Pro, … Server with a 15% discount for [TidBITS members]

Why is V. 3 as an UG more expensive than repurchasing? Or do misread this?
Thanks – Reinhard

I can’t seem to find the Server version at the 15% discount as advertised in various posts…?!?

Sorry—the $149 in there was just a typo, and I’ve fixed it. We didn’t list the upgrade pricing because DEVONtechnologies has people log in to upgrade.

It wasn’t included originally since DEVONtechnologies didn’t think TidBITS members would be interested, but I’m checking to see if I can get them to add it.

ace Adam Engst
September 17

Reinhard_Maag:
Why is V. 3 as an UG more expensive than repurchasing? Or do misread this?

Sorry—the $149 in there was just a typo, and I’ve fixed it. We didn’t list the upgrade pricing because DEVONtechnologies has people log in to upgrade.

‘Kay, I’ll log in ad Devon. TNX, Adam!

I’ve just finished setting up my account. I understand now—the reason they don’t give upgrade pricing is that it depends on what you own now and what you’re upgrading to.

Ah… thanks for checking. I was asking because the press releases mention it here on this site…

OK, DEVONtechnologies has added a 15% discount for the Server version as part of the TidBITS member discount program now. Just go to your Member Benefits page for the coupon code and link.

https://tidbits.com/membership/benefits/

Excellent, thank you very much…!

I just had a chance to check out the link, but it does not refer to the server version, just the regular version….

Ah, sorry! The coupon code listed on the Membership Benefits site does work for DEVONthink 3 Server, but I didn’t realize the Order link needed to be tweaked as well (it does for some apps on that page but not for others). Fixed now.

Once you install DT3, what can you delete that refers to DTPro 2?
í installed DT3 and everything seems to there and to work
Thank you

From DT Support: To completely remove one of our Mac apps, please refer to the built-in help, Read Me section.

I’m sorry but I cannot find Help>>Read Me

Open the DEVONthink 2 Pro help from Help > DEVONthink Pro Help. Then, in the Help Viewer, search on “uninstalling” to find the Read Me entry. This file URL might work for you too…

file:///Applications/DEVONthink%20Pro.app/Contents/Resources/DEVONthink%20Pro%20Office.help/Contents/Resources/pgs/readme-installing.html#removing