CryptoChameleon Phishing Kit Targets LastPass, Others

Originally published at: CryptoChameleon Phishing Kit Targets LastPass, Others - TidBITS

If you have a LastPass account, beware of voice phishing calls that will warn about your account being accessed from a new device. Are we on the cusp of being targeted by AI-driven phishing calls?

1 Like

Absolutely. AI-driven tools have created a very negative inflection point for security threats, including so-called “social engineering” threats. Unfortunately, responding to these threats can be extremely challenging. In my opinion, it’s going to get much worse before it gets better.

For people who are interested in keeping up to date with the general subject of social engineering threats, I can recommend KnowBe4’s “CyberheistNews” newsletter. It’s written by a vendor of security tools and services, so factor that into what you read, but overall, I find it to be a very useful source of information, written in plain English.

(Disclaimer: I have no connection with KnowBe4 aside from being a reader of its newsletter and a past purchaser of some of its corporate training programs.)

2 Likes