CMD+Return to send Mail - a repeated annoyance

Likely unrelated but I will add that in MS Outlook Cmd-Return is the key combo to send a message.

Interesting. And as somebody else mentioned, Cmd-Return doesnā€™t seem to be a system shortcut of any kind.

Yesterday I deleted that key combination and added it back in again to see if it makes any difference.

I have experienced something similar. Instead of deleting messages in Mail by moving them directly to Trash, I send them to a Pre-Trash folder, using the custom keyboard shortcut Command-D (the same as the Delete shortcut in Eudora).

The first time I use it after launching Mail I have to click Message > Move to. After that it works fine until I quit and relaunch Mail.

Me deleting the keyboard option and then adding it again did not help. Sometime it just doesnā€™t work until you open the Messages window and close it again. Then it works for a while.

I declare this a Mail bug.

I would be interested in trying it in Sonoma as well, but I donā€™t want to upgrade to Sonoma until there is a good replacement for MsgFiler for filing messages and going to Mail folders.

I finally upgraded to Sonoma today, since MsgFiler is working in beta and Iā€™m a beta tester. The shortcut in Ventura had been command-d and now itā€™s changed to the even more annoying command-shift-d.

Sigh.

I thought maybe CMD+\ was working, so the same problem.

So after upgrade to Sonoma the keyboard shortcut just got even more complicated. Why?!

Sigh.

Another data point: Ventura, Mail 16.0, ā€œSend Messageā€ shortcut is Command-Shift-D.

And it has been, as I observed above, for as long as I can remember - certainly since I had to stop using Eudora.

1 Like