ChronoSync 11.0.3

Originally published at: ChronoSync 11.0.3 - TidBITS

Fixes some VoiceOver issues and adds better logging when a connection to a target is lost. ($49.99 new, free update, 100.1 MB, macOS 10.14+)

1 Like

Crucially, what this means is that VoiceOver users can now, finally, at long last, fully use the advanced scheduler features, which was a request I made a while back and tested during their internal beta testing for this update. This app was already damn-near perfect for VO users, but now it’s essentially perfect. :smile:

2 Likes

I have used ChrononSync for years. Almost everything about the app and the people behind it is perfect.

I only use it in a very basic way though. So I have no idea what VoiceOver is. I searched their website and the only reference that came up was regarding this upgrade.

If it’s not too much trouble can you explain what it is? Or point me to a reference.

Thanks. Les

1 Like

VoiceOver is Apple’s built-in screen reader. The manual’s as good as any to learn more.

App developers can support VoiceOver (and other accessibility tools) by providing extra information to the operating system that those tools use to describe and control their user interfaces without the use of typical human interface paradigms. For instance, you could describe a visual control with no text label with a meaningful label for a blind person using the screen reader, or you could implement a method for the operating system to recognise the type of control in a widget that is otherwise completely custom so that the screen reader or the Voice Control feature can interact with it as it would a native control of a similar type that’s provided with the operating system.

Thanks Sabahattin, I understand now. L