Carbon Copy Cloner 7.0

Originally published at: Carbon Copy Cloner 7.0 - TidBITS

Major new release for the drive cloning and backup utility loaded with new features and enhancements. ($49.99 new, $24.99 upgrade, free update, 23.6 MB, macOS 13+)

4 Likes

Aargh I bought CCC 6 just before the free upgrade deadline. Oh well, the $25 upgrade isn’t too bad, it’s a great product.

1 Like

Thanks, Agen

Shortly after saw the TidBits email, I opened CCC and performed an update. Strangely, it was to a later version of CCC 6 and there was no mention of version 7 (?). Anyway, I went to their site and got it. Wouldn’t have known otherwise, well at least for a while :grinning:

I just checked for the latest version and CCC said 6.1.11 is still the newest version available to me.

As the update is a paid one (with discounts depending on how long you’ve owned 6), maybe they don’t have it show up in the in-app update. Also, they upped the minimum macOS requirement, so that could be another reason.

1 Like

Showed up for me running 6.latest on up to date Sonoma M1 MBP.

“Update” is a change in version 6.x, usually free

“Upgrade” is a new version, 7.x, usually paid

And I know tha5 of course…but was responding to the poster who said it wasn’t offered. Running latest 6 version I was offered the 7 version and notified it was a paid update.

There was a post about not getting notified…thats what 8 was referring to.

Sorry, posted before I woke up.

I was coincidentally in touch with the developer for tech support, and he stated that they are trying to release v7 slowly, so existing users haven’t been formally notified, but will be this coming week.

2 Likes

@jeff1 - that’s what I got, it was only on going to their site that I found Version 7

Anyone have comments on CCC7 usability? I have CCC6 (latest version) and it does all I need it to do. Is the upgrade worth it?

I have not upgraded yet but plan to do so even though I don’t see anything that will be of great use to me. I think the quality of the app and their ongoing support merit this.

I realize that not everyone has the means or desire to do this, so I only offer this as something to think about.

2 Likes

It’s likely that you’ll need to upgrade to use it with the next major version of MacOS (this is the previous pattern they’ve followed – only the current version of CCC is updated to work with major MacOS updates). So you could either hold off on updating for now and then update when you need to, or update now knowing that you’ll eventually need to anyway. I haven’t tried CCC7 yet but will likely update at some point in the next few months so I’m ready for the next MacOS (aside from any other benefits it brings).

2 Likes

I agree…Mike is one of the good guys, always provides outstanding support (and usually personally handles it in my experience)…so it’s well worth the upgrade fee.

1 Like

Unfortunately there is no “what’s new” table on their web site comparing version 6 and verson 7.

I didn’t see one on the product page, but the CCC blog has an article about the new features:

Building Better Backups with CCC 7

Thank you. That is very helpful.

Thanks for the link to the blog-post.

Just now I found a link to the same post under CCC’s Help menu - “What’s new in CCC?”