Can’t turn on iPad WiFi after updating to 12.3.1

After upgrading my iPad to the latest version of iOS, i cannot turn on WiFi. I go into the settings and the WiFi switch is greyed out. I’ve tried restarting, cold booting, resetting network settings, and even resetting everything.

Has anyone heard anything like this? Can I downgrad to say 12.2.1?

Much as I hate to say it, you’re in Apple support territory. Could be a coincidental hardware failure, even.

Are you certain that it’s “greyed out”? Mine has a grey appearance when it’s disabled, but touching it does enable it. If that doesn’t work, the I agree it’s time for Apple Support.

Since neither I nor any of dozens of other iPad users I know had such an issue with 12.1.3, I feel confident that downgrading to a previous iOS will not be useful and may not even be possible.

I thought that maybe Airplane Mode had been set, so I tested it on my iPad. The wi-fi switch looked the same whether Airplane Mode was on or off. That’s the end of my contribution to the OP’s problem. But I do have a digression…

Interestingly, I could turn wi-fi on even when Airplane Mode was on, and Safari loaded a web page with Airplane Mode on. (The web page was Wikipedia’s page on Airplane Mode, which said that wi-fi shouldn’t work with Airplane Mode on.)

Check the current iPad user guide (available in Books). Once in Airplane Mode, you may enable either WiFi or Bluetooth.
“For information about turning Wi-Fi on or off in Control Center while in airplane mode, see Choose iPad settings for travel.”

Excerpt From
iPad User Guide for iOS 12.3
Apple Inc.

This material may be protected by copyright.

Thanks for that info and especially for the link, Mark.