Bruji software dead?

I bought their Bookpedia, CDpedia, DVDpedia, and Pocketpedia software this past July but have run into a snag. Unfortunately attempts to contact them have failed and their website is gone so it looks like they may be out of business. However, their software for iOS & MacOS are still on the App Store & Mac App Store respectively.

If Bruji is dead, then I need replacement software for the above titles; the first three are for MacOS and last one is for iOS.

1 Like

I don’t have advice, but I will be curious to learn about … their site is not only gone, per se,
but apparently their site suspended by their hosting service

Maybe they just forgot to pay for hosting and have now paid, or their automatic payment method expired and they’ve now updated it, because the website works as far as I can tell:

Yep, I just tried it and was able to connect from the software. Being able to connect to the site also eliminated the snag I’d run into.

Hey folks,

I communicated with Conor at Bruji and the problem was that his outgoing mail server got hacked, so everything got pulled for safety’s sake. He’s getting the backup restored from his hosting company, at which point things should work again. NOT out of business, just a victim of bad bots.

2 Likes

My wife has used Bruji Bookpedia to keep track of our books. We are very happy with it and want to recommend it!

Bruji posted 09/28/23 that they are sunsetting Bookpedia and have suspended sales.
https://bruji.com/blog/2023/09/28/hiatus/

Thanks for the link. For us that has already bought Bookpedia it is nice to know that:

“… it will always be available for all current owners. Ans please be assured that they will continue to be maintained with the limited time I have. Updates will be fewer and centered around maintaining the essential functionality, compatibility, and security, rather than expanding features.”

1 Like

Yes, that is reassuring. I thought I might have to start my search all over again for similar software for both my iMac (limited to MacOS 10.13.6) and my iDevices.

Well, I am an avid user of their software: DVDpedia, GamePedia, BookPedia.

I found a adequate solution for GamePedia: GameTrack. And I will export my BookPedia list to a database.

But I cannot find any decent alternative solution for DVDpedia. Delicious Library 3 seems to be dead and does not even start on a Mac Sonoma. Some others are also out of business.

Does anyone have a good idea for a Movie database on a Mac with 1500+ movies? I need an import function as well, at least CSV, JSON or something similar.

Why not just continue to use the software as long as you can? Just because there won’t be anymore updates doesn’t mean the software can no longer work on your computer. I’m still using a program that hasn’t been updated since the developer died over 10 years ago, though it is on an iMac that can’t be updated past High Sierra (MacOS 10.13.6). That way you won’t be rushed into getting software you might regret. Find out the last version of MacOS the Bruji software will run on then get the lowest cost MacBook that will run that MacOS version and make it your Bruji Mac.

1 Like

FYI: Even though they are no longer selling the software, most of the apps are still available for free download. I just got BookPeida yesterday, was able to register it, and it works fine. (The exception appears to be Pocketpedia, which was not available for download…